New year 2020

It is that time of the year when people make new year resolutions very enthusiastically. Reality soon catches up and these resolutions, which were supposed to make one healthier, wealthier, happier and wiser are relegated to some other time. I resolve not to make any resolutions. The burden of disappointing oneself is probably the heaviest. It usually goes unrecognised and unaddressed. But it weighs on your mind.

I have taken the suggestions made by my SPMC buddies about keeping a record of my thoughts in a blog. After a lot of dilly-dallying I have finally caved in. What do I write on? Will the blog be like a personal diary? How candid can I get? Will I be breaking any confidences? These questions sometimes trouble me. So I will try to be as discrete and neutral as possible and will focus primarily on things and issues which make me happy.

Yesterday was a particularly happy day as I attended a few functions and also had an excellent lunch at our society sahabhojan. The morning began with the naming ceremony of Master Angad (son of VN and A) at Matunga East. Later in the morning I joined a few of my SPMC friends to celebrat N and M's 25th wedding anniversary at their residence. The icing on the cake was our सहभोजन.  The 73rd Vardhapan Din ended yesterday.

------------------------------------------------------------

We saw President Ramnath Kovind honouring Amitabh Bachchan with the Dadasaheb Phalke award yesterday. The function was pure class and Amitabh's acceptance speech was a masterclass in humility and diction. He spoke in chaste Hindi in a very self-effacing manner. This was the 50th year of the award presented to the great actor in his fiftieth year as an actor.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

तोच चंद्रमा नभात

The Selfish Gene

Gopal Ganesh Agarkar on Gender Equality